Orangey Red Nails With Sparkly Glittery Stuff On Half! Yummy!

This past weekend I went to Cosmoprof with my cousin. I mentioned her before and the great deals she helps me get, its nice to have family who can help you out :) I didn't go quite as crazy as I did last time but I got some great stuff and more importantly I picked up some fall colors. Obviously I love O.P.I. so this time around that's the only brand I bought. It is just so cheap to buy it at Cosmoprof and so expensive anywhere else I feel like I always need to stock up.  I got 2 collections with 4 small bottles each, a box set of the Serena Williams collection, and 7 individual polishes. I was especially thrilled because I got 2 new polishes from the Designer Series. I own one of these already (DS Magic) and I adore it. This time I got 'DS Reflection' and 'DS Radiance'. Reflection is a gorgeous rose pink with holo glitters and Radiance is a shiny silver, most of the Designer Series polishes appear to be holos but Radiance looked like aluminum foil in a small swatch. Its still pretty though. Next is 'Significant Other Colour' Its an iridescent purple that looks green/yellow tinted depending on how you hold the bottle. 'I Eat Mailely Lobster' is part of the O.P.I. Fall 2011 Touring America collection. I got a box set of a few of these but this wasn't included, I liked the color so much I picked it up on its own. 'I Eat Mainely Lobster' is a peachy coral color. I also picked up 'O.P.I. Ink' its a dark blue with silver glitter. This is a suede polish which I've never had before, I thought it would be nice to use with a matte top coat. I'm not a big fan of the next polish 'What's With The Cattitude' but the other day I was searching through my collection looking for a light blue and I realized I don't have one, so when I saw this I had to pick it up. The final color is 'Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It' Its a very bright red. I'm not even sure why I grabbed this one, it was just so bright I felt compelled to buy it. 

DS Reflection; DS Radience; Significant Other Colour, I Eat Mainely Lobster; O.P.I. Ink; Whats With The Cattitude; Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It
The first box set is a select few of O.P.I's Fall 2011 Touring America collection. The colors include: My Address Is Hollywood a salmon-ish pink with a little bit of shimmer; French Quarter For Your Thoughts a really pretty cream grey; A-Taupe The Space Needle (I honestly wouldn't have picked this if it wasn't in the collection, brown is my least favorite color ever) its a medium taupe color, sort of a brown/green; and last but not least Honk If You Love O.P.I. a dark smokey purple. The next collection is The Femme De Cirque polishes. These were part of O.P.I's Spring 2011 collection. They are all really light and very sheer but pretty feminine colors. The first one in the box is 'I Juggle Men' This one is actually an iridescent top coat and probably not intended to be worn alone, it looks beautiful in the bottle though and I can't wait to use it. Next is 'So Many Clowns... So Little Time' this one is a cream color. 'In the Spot Light-Pink' just like the name implies is a beautiful light pink color. The last polish in this collection is 'Step Right Up' it is a shimmery white with a subtle hint of pink. The final box set I picked up is part of the Serena Williams Collection. I grabbed these on whim because I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I loved the other 2 polishes I have from this collection. Once again I was thrilled with this purchase. 'Pros and Bronze' is a glittery bronze (obviously), that has hints of pink which make it sort of a rose gold. This is such a dynamic color I couldn't wait to use it (see the photos below). The other polish is 'Love Is A Racket' it is a semi jelly red/pink with red glitter. I have it on my nails right now and I love it.

From Left to Right: My Address Is Hollywood, French Quarter For Your Thoughts, A-Taupe The Space Needle, Honk If You Love O.P.I; I Juggle Men, So Many Clowns... So Little Time, In The Spot Light-Pink, Step Right Up; Love Is A Racket, Pros and Bronze
To really see the beauty of the polishes click on the photos, they are pretty much huge but the photo quality is great. I couldn't decide which of the new colors I wanted to use so I started with 'I Eat Mainely Lobster' and then used tape to make a diagonal line and painted 'Pros and Bronze' on the other half. I think the colors went together really well.

2 Coats 'I Eat Maine-ly Lobster', 1 Coat 'Pros and Bronze'
I'm usually not great with tape manis so I was pleased by how clean the lines came out. I did put a coat of SV between the colors to help it dry quicker.  

I broke the nail on my ring finger, its probably not that noticeable but its all I see in these photos!
'I Eat Maine-ly Lobster' got great coverage and probably would have been fine with 1 coat but I'm obsessive so I did 2. On its own 'Pros and Bronze' probably needs 2 coats but with a base it was good with 1. Overall this turned out a little more orange tinted then I expected, 'I Eat Maine-ly Lobster' is much more pink in the bottle than it was on my nails, could be the 'Pros and Bronze' giving it that tint too. Still it was pretty and I liked it.
I topped with a coat of Seche Vite which really enhanced the shine of 'Pros and Bronze'
One last thing on this super long post, my brother went back to school this week as he is my photographer he took all of my photos with him on his computer. Since he is so nice he put them in posts for me and I'm just adding words. When he posted them he added crazy titles, I thought it was funny so I'm leaving this crazy title :) 
~Nailed by Jen~

Post a Comment