Fly Away Blue

So for today's manicure I wanted to play with the matte top coat again.  The way that I came up with this one was by accident.  When I get ready to paint my nails I generally test out all the colors on a piece of paper.  I know that the colors are not going to be completely color accurate, but I still like to see the color combinations before painting my nails.  So last weekend when I was trying to come up with the nail design for my mom's nails, I tested out my new polish from Sinful Colors-Fly Away.  It looked beautiful on the paper, so I added a little bit of Nubar- 2010 and the effect that it had was just too good to pass up.

I started with 2 coats of Fly Away.  The formula was good and it would have been fine with one coat, but I did 2 for good measure.  I took photos of the color alone, but due to the lack of a/c in the apartment and my inability to clean up my nails well, I'm too embarrassed to even post them.  Next, I added one coat of Nubar 2010 (I truly love this polish....LOVE!).  To really bring out the flaky goodness I added a coat of Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love.
This photo shows the color of Fly Away the best.  This was taken inside with the flash.

The rainbow flakes are just so pretty.  I had a hard time not staring at my nails all day.
So here is a little funny story.  So did my nails last night, but didn't realize until I got to work this morning that I hadn't added the matte top coat to my middle finger on my right hand.  I just couldn't believe that I had completely missed a nail.  Thankfully I spend most of my day sitting in my office...alone, so there wasn't even anyone to notice.

~Nailed by Brittany~

Post a Comment