Cruisin' Blues

So I'm back from Alaska. Luckily, the ship did not go down Titanic-style. I was terrified we'd hit an iceberg and that would be the end. I spent the majority of the week enduring the cold rain that Alaska has to offer (which I instantly missed when I returned to the sweltering apartment!). The scenery was beautiful and I'd love to go back some day.

Due to my family's inability to follow airport security guidelines, I arrived to Alaska without any nail polish remover! My mom was suppose to bring it, but packed it in her carry-on resulting in security stopping us and looking at us like fools. As soon as we docked at the first port, I set off on a mission to find some. Unfortunately in a town of 800 people, the one grocery store didn't have exactly what I wanted, but I was able to get non-acetone remover.

Inspired by the waves and glaciers I saw on the trip, I decided to do a mani incorporating colors from the ocean. I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Gray by Gray as the base color. Using scissors and tape my grandpa happened to have, I taped off a diagonal and added Wet N Wild - Blue Wants to be a Millionaire.
Used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Gray by Gray & Wet N Wild - Blue Wants to be a Millionaire


Close up of diagonal


Overall, I was happy with the outcome. Due to the limited colors of nail polish I had taken with me and the lack of supplies, I think this was a pretty good choice for the majority of my cruise.


~ Nailed by Ericka ~

Post a Comment