The Grape Escape

Since we've started the blog, I've taken pictures of almost all of the manicures I've done. Some of them I've showed you and some I've kept for an emergency stash in case I can't get around to painting my nails when it's my turn to post. With the start of school, my teaching responsibilities are slowing replacing my time to paint my nails each day. On a day like today, when the students have wore me down and I'm just not up to fight with the glitter on my nails, I'd like to reach for my stash and choose a mani for you. However, my computer decided to crash on me and I've lost everything! Boo! Luckily, I had these on my camera card and have something to share with you.

A few weekends ago, Brittany and I went to Ulta since they had an awesome coupon. If you bought $17.50 worth of Ulta cosmetics (nail polish included), you saved $3 and received a free bag with make-up. It was a deal we couldn't resist. I picked up this color and fell in love. I put on two coats of Ulta - Grape Escape and paired it with Nubar 2010. This is also my first time testing out the flakes and they are beautiful in the sun!

Taken outside in the sunlight.

Flakies in the shade. Look at all those colors!

On another note, here's some updates from the set of The Avengers. Be sure to look at the last one for a special treat :)
This is the set they are building in Public Square and by Tower City. They are replicating a town in Germany.
NY Truck on the set on E. 9th
I love this photo because it looks like that man is smelling his armpit :)
See the lights on the building? They filmed while we were there.
South view down E. 9th from Euclid.
 And the best part....

Captain America! Chris Evans walking out from the set.

 I apologize for all of the photos, but I hope you enjoyed them :) I know I enjoyed taking them!


~ Nailed by Ericka ~

5 comments

fingers | August 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Love the polish!

Holly and Polish | August 25, 2011 at 12:18 PM

This polish looks awesome!

Let's Get Nailed | August 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Fingers - I really love it too. I'm happy with all of the colors I got at Ulta during my last shopping trip :)


Holly - Thanks! Have you ever tried it?

The Beauty and The Business | September 8, 2011 at 12:55 PM

At first I thought the post said great escape, and then I thought you were talking about the movie great escape with Steve McQueen in it, and I got super excited, but then realized I jumped too far ahead of myself, and misread. It's still a nice polish. Ahh I love captain america!!

Let's Get Nailed | September 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

@Beauty - It was awesome seeing Captain America in person. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Post a Comment