Triangles Reconsidered

My mani for today is the result of plans gone wrong. I had intended to create a triangle mani (kinda like Jen did here). However, I was a little impulsive and didn't really think things through when I started so I had to change plans half-way through.

I started off with a base coat of OPI - Alpine Snow. This is by far my favorite white polish. It is opaque in 1 coat and has a great application. I put a coat of Seche Vite to quickly dry this layer. The next part of my design was to add the first triangle with Ulta - Scene Steel-er. I absolutely love this silver. It is a great one-coater that is perfect for stamping and tape manis.

Now, here's where I goofed... I didn't put the tape for the triangle up high enough so there wasn't enough space for the second triangle to be painted on as well. Luckily, Brittany was nearby and suggested I add in green on a diagonal and I went with it. I added in Ulta - The Jungle Look on a diagonal that matched up with the edge of the silver triangle. I just recently picked up this color and can say I'm pretty pleased with it. I finished the look with black nail art pen and a final coat of SV.
Ignore my horrific clean-up... I was feeling lazy.


~ Nailed by Ericka ~

2 comments

Marisa | January 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM

I love this!!! Sometimes what you didn't plan comes out so great! Love the colors you chose too ;0)

Let's Get Nailed | January 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

MariJo - Thanks! It kind of grew on me too :)

Post a Comment