Silly Name... Beautiful Polish

I have to confess despite their wide selection of beautiful colors I don't own very many Essie polishes, they are a little expensive for my budget and unlike OPI I have no way to get the Essies on sale. Also earlier this year after seeing many wonderful reviews I purchased Essie 'Carry On' and I was greatly disappointed with it. But a few days ago I decided to give Essie another try. And it was definitely worth it. I picked up a few bright colors and jewel tones including the one I'm going to show you today, Essie Sexy Divide. Its a deep true purple with a hint of purple shimmer. While I liked the color enough to buy it I didnt really see anything that special about it, until I put it on my nails.

2 Coats Essie Sexy Divide, 1 Coat Seche Vite
This color turned out to be so vibrant and beautiful on my nails that I couldn't resist staring at it constantly while I had it on. Not only that but with the SV on top the entire mani ended up with a really glossy finish. My only disappointment with this polish is that I'm not especially found of Essie's brushes, they are very thin and I find it hard to get nice even coverage. With 2 coats I was able to achieve opacity and after I was finished I just used a small brush dipped in acetone to clean up the cuticles. Another disappointment was my inability to get a good photo, between poor lighting and the fact that I was using my phone to take the photos the photos you see here are abou the best I could manage.

This pic actually makes the polish look a lot darker than it was in real life, in natural light it really shines.
I liked this polish so much that after a day and half of wear instead of taking it off I added one of my favorite glitters to dress it up. I put one coat of OPI Servin' Up Sparkle on top then added another layer of SV. It turned out really pretty and was the perfect combination of 2 of my favorite polishes. For those who are interested Servin Up Sparkle is part of the Serena Glam Slam collection and is a mix of small silver holographic glitters and large silver hex glitters in a clear base, the application on this polish is wonderful, really smooth and with a good mix of glitters spread evenly.

Another not so great photo in artificial light
That's it for today. I've got a few more Essie"s here I'm looking forward to using in the next few days!
~Nailed by Jen~

1 comment

Marisa | January 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Sexy Divide is really pretty!

Post a Comment