See you in the Bubble Bath on Pink Friday with a Strawberry Marg.

So I think I may have just won for the longest title on our blog :)  But I always like to try to use the nail polishes names in my title.  So today I decided that I wanted to use some of the new polishes I got from the Xmas exchange with Ericka and Jen (yes....we know that it is the middle of January but this adult life can get in the way.)  So on Saturday I got the rest of the Nicki Minja OPI polishes and Jen also bought me OPI Strawberry Margarita and Bubble Bath.  With all these new pretty pinks, I couldn't help myself.

I decided that I wanted to try to do a gradient, and these new polishes were perfect for it.  I started with 2 coats of Bubble Bath.  I was actually excited about this color. Its perfect for making your nails look pretty and natural.  Which as any nail polish addict will agree that a polish that can hide the staining and make naked nails look good is always a good thing.  Next, I sponged on OPI Pink Friday 3/4th of the way up the nail.  Then I sponged OPI Strawberry Margarita on the bottom 1/4th of the nail.  To help blend the colors I waited until the polish was almost dry and then re-sponged on top of each nail.  I felt like the nails also needed a touch of sparkle, so added Ulta Glitter Top Coat. 

Taken in the sunshine. Sadly you can't see the difference between Bubble Bath & Pink Friday :(

You can see the difference a little better here.
I really like the way this gradient came out and will definitely try it again with some different colors.

~Nailed by Brittany~

2 comments

Marisa | January 25, 2012 at 3:42 AM

This looks really pretty. I love gradient manis! This came out great.

Let's Get Nailed | January 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Thanks! This was my first successful gradient. I want to try another really soon.

Post a Comment