DS Rock Solid Explosion

For today's post, I've decided to revisit a mani from my past. Back in August (I miss those days), I attempted my very first "explosion" tape mani. Thanks to the wonderful guidance of Jane over at Nailside and her awesome tutorials, I was able to somewhat get the desired effect. After a few more months of practicing my techniques, I decided to try again.One of the main reasons I decided to try this again was that I had already been wearing OPI - DS Extragance and did not want to take it off :) It is such a beautiful color and I love the way it looks in the sun!

Once I decided to try the tape mani, I started prepping by cutting out triangles of tape. I needed 6 triangles per finger. I made sure to un-stick-ify the tape and carefully set it out on the edge of the table. Since by base color was already dried from the day before, I was able to start right away. I placed three triangles on each finger and painted one coat of Ulta - Scene Steeler. I have used this color time and time again. It has great coverage and works great for tape manis or stamping. I helped this layer dry quickly with some SV. For the top layer, I added three new pieces of tape on top of the silver pattern and painted a coat of Orly - Rock Solid. Again, I topped with SV.

I tried taking step-by-step photos to show you how I did this, but check out Nailside. Her tutorials really are so helpful!



Happy Tuesday :)

~ Nailed by Ericka ~

6 comments

Marisa | January 17, 2012 at 6:17 AM

This is so pretty!!! I love the sparkle in it from Rock Solid.

Let's Get Nailed | January 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Thanks MariJo! I really love the Rock Solid too :)

fingers | January 18, 2012 at 7:11 AM

These are so awesome! I tried tape manis once and messed it all up!

Let's Get Nailed | January 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Fingers - Tape mani's are one of my favorite to do. My biggest issue is waiting for the base layer to dry... I get too impatient. You should definitely try again. They are so fun :)

Let's Get Nailed | January 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Fingers - Tape mani's are one of my favorite to do. My biggest issue is waiting for the base layer to dry... I get too impatient. You should definitely try again. They are so fun :)

Jane | February 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

It looks truly amazing! The colors are just perfect together! ^^

Post a Comment