Go Pink!

The school I teach at has also adopted Pink October. During this month, the student council has planned different activities to raise awareness about breast cancer. This past weekend, the students dressed in pink at school and football game to show support. Along with wearing pink, I decided show my support through my mani. With a little tape, some luck, and a lot of time, I was able to create what looked somewhat similar to the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon.

To complete this mani, I started by painting all of my nails (except the ring) with China Glaze - Rich and Famous. I put on 2 coats to achieve a level, finished look. On my ring fingers, I used Ulta - Encore Pink. Once this dried, I used OPI - Alpine Snow to stamp a plaid design on these 2 fingers. The stamp was one of the designs off of the BM 60 plate.

Once all of my nails were dry, I started attempting to cut out ribbon designs with a razor blade and cutting mat. I probably attemtped about 10 different ribbons before getting 2 that I liked. I put the tape ribbon on my ring fingers and painted over it with Rich and Famous. Once the tape was peeled off, I was left with a plaid ribbon that really stood out!


Outside in the sunshine


Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon

Overall, I was really impressed with the final outcome. Although I've done tape mani's in the past, this was the most intricate design I've ever attemtped. I was pretty pleased with myself :)

Don't forget to enter our Giveaway!

~Nailed by Ericka~

Post a Comment