From Nail Biting To Gold

Let me start my first post with a confession, I am a life long nail biter. Since I was a little kid I've always had nails that were bitten as low as they could get. This past fall I started working at a hospital and I decided it was time for me to kick the habit, there is nothing dirtier than biting your nails in place that is crawling with germs. I finally stopped biting in February and I found the best way to keep my fingers out of my mouth was to have a fresh coat of nail polish on them. I never wanted to ruin a new manicure so for the last 5 months or so I've been painting my nails at least every couple of days.

This particular manicure is a simple one. The bottom color is 'The Next Ceo' from Nicole by OPI. Its a really pretty gold, in fact it looked so good on its own I almost didn't use the shatter. The top is Black Shatter from OPI. I love the shatter. Its really easy to use and makes it look like I spent a long time on my nails. My only issue with the shatter polishes is that they tend to chip unless you have a good top coat. I used Seche Vite as a top coat and it works great. 
Taken inside on a cloudy day in Ohio.  What a shocker!


~Nailed By Jen~

1 comment

Gman | July 19, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hi Jen

That is a cool look - Brit hadn't shown me that "shatter"? style.

Post a Comment