Gold Sprinkled Chocolate

So has anyone noticed that fall suddenly appeared?  This past week we experienced some true Ohio weather with gray rainy skies.  To get in the mood for this new season I decided to go with a dark colored manicure.  Having purchased Savvy Chocolate a couple of months ago I figured this was the perfect time to test it out.

I started with a basecoat of Orly Ridgefiller.  I have started using this basecoat to see if it would help with the staining on my nails.  I'm hoping that the more pigmented basecoat will make it so that the nail polish won't stain my nails as much. It does seem to be helping, so fingers crossed.  Next, I did to 2 coats of Savvy Chocolate and topped it off with a layer of Diamond Dry.  This color is gorgeous, but the only complaint that I have is that the color can be very dark looking without direct light.  But I was able to capture the yummy chocolate shimmer that this polish offers.
These pictures were taken outside on a fairly dreary day, but I was able to get some of the pretty shimmer.
 
To make this mani last another day, I added a layer of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Set the Stage.  I'm actually really loving this multi-sized hexagon gold glitter polish.  The glitter comes out nice and evenly, which isn't always the case with glitters like this.  I recently picked this polish up at Target on sale and I couldn't be happier :)
So what do you think?  A great fall manicure with the cooler weather? 

Also, I wanted to give a little shout out to Fingers.  As soon as I was done with this mani I thought of you.  I hope you like it :)

~Nailed by Brittany~

P.S. Just wanted to remind everyone that once we hit 25 followers, we will be hosting a giveaway :)  Only 3 more.....come on you know you want to click that follow button!

Post a Comment