Holiday Disapointment

All this week I've been wearing various Christmas themed manis and I'll be honest I haven't really been satisfied by any of them. Whether its the colors I'm choosing or the stamps and designs I'm trying to use I've just had a week of holiday disappointments. Today's look is no different. I don't hate it and I don't love it.
Ignore my weird pinky nail I broke it right before I took the pics!
A couple of months ago I got my hands on the entire OPI Muppets collection, I was thrilled because it was a few weeks before it hit stores. Despite my excitement I have yet to wear a few of these colors. So I decided today to try out two of the glitters, a red micro glitter with large red and silver hex glitters in clear base called 'Gettin Miss Piggy With It' and another clear base with green micro glitters and silver hex glitters. Since the glitters are so sheer I decided to add a little shine by putting them over a silver foil base, OPI DS Radiance.

1 Coat DS Radiance, 2 Coats 'Gettin Miss Piggy With It', 2 Coats 'Fresh Frog of Bel Air', Topped with SV

I think up close this mani is very pretty but from a distance it is very shiny and with the mixed green and red it reflects a little brown-ish. I just don't love it. Oh well I suppose I'll try again tomorrow!
~Nailed by Jen~

3 comments

Marisa | December 22, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I think this is a great combo!!!

The Beauty and The Business | December 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I hate that feeling! I've been in a total nail polish funk myself. It stinks. I put silver shatter over a green mani, and called that as festive as I'll get this season with nails. I'll have a blog post bout that tomorrow. I think it looks super pretty but still doesn't wow me.

Let's Get Nailed | December 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM

@MariJo: Thanks!

@Beauty: I liked your mani. The color combo was nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get a xmas mani that I like.

Post a Comment